Tuesday 29 January 2013

Step 7 of 8 professional level design

Top down map
After doing step 6 of figuring out what i would like in my level and creating a numbered mind map helped huge amounts when coming to step 7 the top down map. first i created a quick sketch figuring out where i would like rooms and puzzles to take place. I also want the level to take place on an island so drew this in.

After finished a rough sketch containing the elements i wanted i then back and adjusted a few areas before going over everything i doing a more neater version, something that's more clear to see where the player will be going. There is a small key at the bottom so its clear to see what certain parts are. I have also numbered sections as these then refer back to the mind map which can be seen below. 

Next i want to make quick block out rooms in 3ds max to figure out how the puzzles will work in game. This way i clearly show my ideas but also clear things up for myself allowing me to make these puzzles in udk with more ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment